Discover the largest study carried out in Spain on the after-effects of COVID-19 on the heart
The cardiovascular component plays a very important role in COVID-19, the final consequences of which are still unknown, being both a risk factor and a prognostic determinant. What sequelae may remain in the hearts of these patients is still unknown.Javier Bermejo, PI
Description of the Study:
- Title: Cardiovascular sequelae of COVID-19.
- Principal Investigator: Javier Bermejo.
- Co-investigators: The groups led by Marina Pollán at CIBERESP, Antonio Torres and Patricia Muñoz at CIBERES, Isabel del Cura (REDISSEC) and Borja Ibañez, Pedro Luis Sánchez, Begoña López-Salazar and Pablo Martínez-Legazpi at CIBERCV also participate.
- Centres of Implementation: Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Marañón, CIBERESP, CIBERES, REDISSEC and CIBERCV.
- Study Population: 400 patients infected in the first phase of the pandemic.
- Type of study: Multicentre.
- Design: Patients will be divided into several groups:
– The first will study patients who were admitted to intensive care units.
– The second group will include patients with mild symptoms who did not require admission.
– The last group will study patients who underwent serology and had passed the infection asymptomatically.
Objectives of the Study:
Principal Objective: To investigate the sequelae of SARS-CoV-2 disease in the heart depending on the intensity of infection.
More about this Study:
This study by the Cardiology Department of the Gregorio Marañón Hospital has received a research grant from the 2020 Biomedical Research Grants awarded by the Francisco Soria Melguizo Foundation with the aim of promoting studies in this field.
Cardiology Service of the Gregorio Marañón Hospital: This service, directed by Francisco Fernández-Avilés, is highly specialised, with recognised national and international prestige and intense teaching and research activity. In fact, it currently has a professor of medicine, a full professor and three associate professors and has six lines of research underway.
Other Studies about Cardiology:
Científicos franceses demuestran que la vacunación primaria con dos vacunas diferentes sería más eficaz que la vacunación con dos vacunas idénticas.
This study conducted by the UOC aims to find out the opinion of the Spanish population and professional healthcare personnel on the COVID-19 vaccines.
Clinical trial designed to evaluate the safety and immunogenicity of a dose of Comirnaty vaccine (Pfizer) in people who have previously received a dose of Vaxcevria vaccine (AstraZeneca).
MOOD-COVID aims to study the impact of the pandemic on the mental health of pregnant women, young mothers and their children.
This study aims to analyse the emotional and spiritual state of adults who have lost a loved one due to COVID-19.
This study aims to demonstrate efficacy of Montelukast for patients with persistent COVID-19 to help them improve their quality of life.
This study proposal aims to determine whether early corticosteroid treatment can reduce the need for oxygen therapy and post-COVID sequelae.
This study aims to assess the mental health impact and needs associated with COVID-19 in Spain.
CIBERES UCI COVID is a fundamental study that will improve care of critical patients infected by COVID-19.